Dairy Modified Atmosphere Packaging
It is crucial within the food industry to preserve and display products in the best possible way, this in turn enhances shelf-life and shelf-appeal. CO2 within packaging ensures that the product retains its freshness as long as possible, preventing rancidity within dairy products – a consumer and business-friendly solution.
Modified Atmosphere Packaging explained…
CO2 within Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) can be used either singularly or combined with nitrogen and oxygen – the process modifies the composition of the air within the package.
CO2-only MAP ensures that bacterial and fungal growth is inhibited because there is no oxygen to allow respiration of the products – this is particularly useful with hard cheeses. In combined gas MAP, CO2 is necessary as well as oxygen (below 12% typically to prevent respiration) and nitrogen (either as a filler gas or to prevent rancidity that oxygen can sometimes induce).
Advantages of CO2 in MAP:
- More cost-effective than other methods
- Reduced chance of oxidation
- Better quality products – i.e. texture, freshness, smell
- Lower risk of bacterial growth
- Better shelf life
Our Comprehensive Service Guide:
- Sales centre of pressure vessels – outright purchase or rental
- Vessel capacities from 120 Lt. up to 250 Tones
- New and reconditioned pressure vessels
- Re-insulation of vessels and pipe work
- Refurbishment of your own existing vessel
- Engineering and servicing undertaken
- Mixed Gas filling
- Refrigeration design & super cooling systems
- Contractual advice and negotiations
- Contract crane hire
- Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (from HSE)
- CO2 extraction
- Method statements, risk assessments and insurance approved written schemes
CO2 is one of the purest methods of production available for the food and drinks markets of today. IGC, as an independent company, offers very affordable pricing for your business. With over 25 years of experience we have solutions for your business at every stage of your production, manufacture and retail processes. The high quality storage and supply services from IGC means that your business can operate in the most profitable and efficient way possible.
Regulatory Compliance Guaranteed
Vessel manufactures construct pressure vessels under various codes, IGC Engineering are flexible and can accommodate the design to suit the clients requirement, the most popular is Pressure Equipment Directive (Directive 97/23/EC) (PED). IGC also deal with ASME – Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code in the United States and work under BCGA recommendations in the United Kingdom. Each association works with suppliers of pressure vessels through a dialog with government agencies.
In addition we as company comply with the Health and Safety Executive to promote the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR), this ensures both customer and operatives are working with in UK laws, and more importantly are confident in knowing safety and security is at the forefront of the design and manufacture.