Baked and Dried Goods Chilling
The dried foods and bakery industry involves flour within processing – bakery mixes and frozen dough products are by products that are on a continuous path of growth. Freshness within this industry is key during all stages of production through to transit in order to prevent bacterial growth and mould visible to the human eye.
Cryogenic Chilling explained…
Cryogenic Chilling (CC) through controlling the temperature at all stages of production through to transit is crucial to ensure that dry ingredients are introduced to mixes at consistent temperatures and also that heat from production is removed to ensure high-quality.
This method uses CO2 in either its liquid, gas or dry ice form. Baked and dried foods also need to be cooled to room temperature before packaging too ensure that product deterioration does not occur – a consumer-business solution.
Advantages of CO2 in CC:
- More cost-effective than other methods
- Space-saving within your premises
- Improved efficiency through quicker process
- Improved quality of the baked and dried goods i.e. texture, taste and freshness
- Minimal chance of bacterial growth
- Space saving
- Low maintenance costs
Our Comprehensive Service Guide:
- Sales centre of pressure vessels – outright purchase or rental
- Vessel capacities from 120 Lt. up to 250 Tones
- New and reconditioned pressure vessels
- Re-insulation of vessels and pipe work
- Refurbishment of your own existing vessel
- Engineering and servicing undertaken
- Mixed Gas filling
- Refrigeration design & super cooling systems
- Contractual advice and negotiations
- Contract crane hire
- Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (from HSE)
- CO2 extraction
- Method statements, risk assessments and insurance approved written schemes
CO2 is one of the purest methods of production available for the food and drinks markets of today. IGC, as an independent company, offers very affordable pricing for your business. With over 25 years of experience we have solutions for your business at every stage of your production, manufacture and retail processes. The high quality storage and supply services from IGC means that your business can operate in the most profitable and efficient way possible.
Regulatory Compliance Guaranteed
Vessel manufactures construct pressure vessels under various codes, IGC Engineering are flexible and can accommodate the design to suit the clients requirement, the most popular is Pressure Equipment Directive (Directive 97/23/EC) (PED). IGC also deal with ASME – Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code in the United States and work under BCGA recommendations in the United Kingdom. Each association works with suppliers of pressure vessels through a dialog with government agencies.
In addition we as company comply with the Health and Safety Executive to promote the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR), this ensures both customer and operatives are working with in UK laws, and more importantly are confident in knowing safety and security is at the forefront of the design and manufacture.