Baked and Dried Goods Freezing
The dried foods and bakery industry involves flour within processing – bakery mixes and frozen dough products are by products that are on a continuous path of growth. Freshness within this industry during all stages of production through to transit is key to prevent bacterial growth and mould visible to the human eye.
Cryogenic Freezing explained…
Using CO2 – typically in its liquid or dry ice form – in the Cryogenic Freezing (CF) process is a key way to preserve the quality and shelf-life of baked and dried foods – the products are ‘firmed up’ before packaging in an expedient process, achieving the best quality and cost-effective products possible for your business – a consumer and business-friendly solution.
Advantages of CO2 in CF:
- More cost-effective than other methods
- Longer shelf life
- Better appearance of products – more firm
- Better quality products – i.e. freshness and taste
- Lower risk of bacterial growth
- Low maintenance costs
- Space saving
Our Comprehensive Service Guide:
- Sales centre of pressure vessels – outright purchase or rental
- Vessel capacities from 120 Lt. up to 250 Tones
- New and reconditioned pressure vessels
- Re-insulation of vessels and pipe work
- Refurbishment of your own existing vessel
- Engineering and servicing undertaken
- Mixed Gas filling
- Refrigeration design & super cooling systems
- Contractual advice and negotiations
- Contract crane hire
- Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (from HSE)
- CO2 extraction
- Method statements, risk assessments and insurance approved written schemes
CO2 is one of the purest methods of production available for the food and drinks markets of today. IGC, as an independent company, offers very affordable pricing for your business. With over 25 years of experience we have solutions for your business at every stage of your production, manufacture and retail processes. The high quality storage and supply services from IGC means that your business can operate in the most profitable and efficient way possible.
Regulatory Compliance Guaranteed
Vessel manufactures construct pressure vessels under various codes, IGC Engineering are flexible and can accommodate the design to suit the clients requirement, the most popular is Pressure Equipment Directive (Directive 97/23/EC) (PED). IGC also deal with ASME – Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code in the United States and work under BCGA recommendations in the United Kingdom. Each association works with suppliers of pressure vessels through a dialog with government agencies.
In addition we as company comply with the Health and Safety Executive to promote the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR), this ensures both customer and operatives are working with in UK laws, and more importantly are confident in knowing safety and security is at the forefront of the design and manufacture.