IGC is your Nationwide high-quality CO2 provider of choice
This process is favourable to the food industry as it is safe, cost-effective and cleans more efficiently than traditional methods that require water.
Cryogenic Cleaning explained…
Cryogenic cleaning or dry ice blasting uses the solid form of CO2 – known as dry ice – which is propelled at a surface to clean it, not dissimilar to sandblasting, but without the residue. The sublimation of the CO2 (from solid to gas) absorbs heat from surfaces, which aids cleaning as the first layer of dirt transfers the most heat and so dislodges easily.
The benefits of this method of cleaning are applicable industry-wide. The industries that this is available for include:
- Rubber and Plastics
- Laminate/composite board
Advantages of CO2 in Cryogenic Cleaning:
- More cost-effective than other cleaning methods
- Less excess waste to clean-up
- Less man-power required
- Faster process
- Increased productivity through quicker turnaround of equipment
- Environmentally-friendly solution
Our Comprehensive Service Guide:
- Sales centre of pressure vessels – outright purchase or rental
- Vessel capacities from 120 Lt. up to 250 Tones
- New and reconditioned pressure vessels
- Re-insulation of vessels and pipe work
- Refurbishment of your own existing vessel
- Engineering and servicing undertaken
- Mixed Gas filling
- Refrigeration design & super cooling systems
- Contractual advice and negotiations
- Contract crane hire
- Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (from HSE)
- Co2 extraction
- Method statements, risk assessments and insurance approved written schemes
CO2 is one of the purest methods of production available for the food and drinks markets of today. IGC, as an independent company, offers very affordable pricing for your business. With over 25 years of experience we have solutions for your business at every stage of your production, manufacture and retail processes. The high quality storage and supply services from IGC means that your business can operate in the most profitable and efficient way possible.
Regulatory Compliance Guaranteed
Vessel manufactures construct pressure vessels under various codes, IGC Engineering are flexible and can accommodate the design to suit the clients requirement, the most popular is Pressure Equipment Directive (Directive 97/23/EC) (PED). IGC also deal with ASME – Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code in the United States and work under BCGA recommendations in the United Kingdom. Each association works with suppliers of pressure vessels through a dialog with government agencies.
In addition we as company comply with the Health and Safety Executive to promote the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR), this ensures both customer and operatives are working with in UK laws, and more importantly are confident in knowing safety and security is at the forefront of the design and manufacture.